Since 2013, Bihar’s experienced field staff have been working with local authorities and other organisations in hard to reach areas of Northern Syria. Their work aims to bridge emergency relief with sustainable development and includes:
- providing food, medical and other assistance, prioritising the needs of the most vulnerable
- rebuilding and maintaining public services and infrastructure such as water sanitation and hygiene
- kicking off development projects aimed at individual and community self-dependence (such as building livelihoods)
- empowering women and young people through education projects
- promoting civil peace and coexistence
So far, Bihar’s efforts have impacted over two million people.